The ad free, low cost PDF version of this pattern includes instructions for messy bun beanie and full beanie in both weight 5 and 6 yarn and can be purchased HERE.
You’ll need approximately 80 yards of Weight 6 Yarn, I suggest Bernat Softee Chunky or Lion Brand Thick & Quick
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle
5 sts and 7 rows = 2 inches
- I was able to complete the decrease portion of the beanie using my 16” cable but if you find it tricky switching to DPN’s may be helpful.
- sts – Stitches
- pm – Place Marker
- k – Knit
- k2tog – Knit 2 sts Together
- p – Purl
- Fits average sized teen or woman’s head (21 -23 inch circumference)
- Finished Beanie should measure approximately 12 inches tall (before folding) and 7.5 inches wide unstretched
Cast on 42 sts, pm and and join for working in the round.
ROW 1 – 34
- *k1, p1*
- Repeat from * to * around (42 sts)
- k2tog around (21 sts)
Cut yarn leaving a 10” tail, thread tail through all loops and remove from needles. Cinch closed, fasten off, weave in ends and attach a pom!