This pattern was made using a 5mm crochet hook and approximately two skeins of Bernat Softee Cotton, it can be found HERE
Beginning chain does not count as a stitch.
ABBREVIATIONS (US Terms)
- slst – Slip Stitch
- ch – Chain
- sc – Single Crochet
- dc – Double Crochet
- This Pillow Cover was designed to fit a 16 x 16 inch pillow insert, your completed panels should measure approximately 15.5 inches square before stitching them together.
- This Pillow Cover can easily be adjusted to any size pillow, chain any odd number of stitches to achieve the width you like and then continue with the repeated Row to adjust the length.
Chain 57 (or any odd number to achieve the width you’d like)
- sc in the second ch from hook and each stitch across, ch 1, turn
- sc in first 2 stitches, *dc in next stitch, sc in next stitch*
- Repeat from * to * across, ch 1, turn
ROW 3 – 56
Repeat Row 2
- sc in each stitch across
- ch 1, do not turn
Turn your panel clockwise and sc evenly down the side, place 2 sc in the corner stitch. Continue to sc around the remaining 3 sides, placing 2 sc in each corner, slst to beginning sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Place your panels together and sc around, inserting your pillow before closing up the 4th side, fasten off and weave in ends.